Group affiliation: Practice Location:
Dr. Sahar Stephens
Instructor and Fellow, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Colorado, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Advanced Reproductive Medicine
Dr. Sahar Stephens
Dr. Stephens completed her undergraduate degree in Physiological Sciences at the University of California, Los Angeles. She earned her medical doctorate at Washington University in St. Louis, MO and remained there to complete her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She joined the University of Denver to begin her fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility in July, 2011. Dr. Stephens has participated in both clinical and basic science research projects and has presented her findings at several national conferences.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society
- American Medical Association
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (2011-2012)
- Fellowship 7/2011 – present – University of Colorado, Denver - Aurora, Colorado – Fellow in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Residency 6/2007 – 6/2011 – Washington University; Barnes Jewish Hospital - St. Louis, Missouri – Resident in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Education 8/2003 – 5/2007 – Washington University School of Medicine – St. Louis, Missouri – Doctor of Medicine
- 9/1998 – 5/2002 – University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California – Bachelor of Science, Physiological Sciences, Cum Laude
- 2013 Pacific Coast Reproductive Society Travel Scholarship recipient
- 2011 Excellence in Laparoscopy Award Washington University Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- 2010-2011 Administrative Chief Resident, elected position Washington University, Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
- 2004 Forum for International Health and Tropical Medicine Grant recipient Washington University School of Medicine
- Stephens SM, Maas KAK, Alvero R, Chang S, Kondapalli LA. Laparoscopic diagnosis and management of bilateral uterine remnants. JSLS. In press.
- Stephens SM, Arnett DM, Meacham RB. The Use of In Vitro Fertilization in the Management of Male Infertility – What the Urologist Needs to Know. Reviews in Urology. In press.
- Stephens SM, Pau FK, Yalcinkaya TM, May MC, Berga SL, Post MD, Appt SE, Polotsky AJ. Luteinizing hormone pulsatility in female vervet monkeys (Chlorocebus aethiops sabaeus): feasibility evaluation to model the impact of body mass on pituitary function. Comparative Medicine 2013;63(5):1-7.
- Stephens SM, Polotsky AJ. Big enough for an aromatase inhibitor? How an elevated BMI affects fertility. Seminars in Reproductive Medicine. 2013;31(4): 251-257.
- Santoro N, Stephens S. Postmenopausal hormone therapy. Glob Libr Women’s Med, available at www.glowm.com/index.html?p=glowm.cml/section_view&articleid=83. Accesibility verified Dec 13, 2012.
- Marquard KL, Stephens SM, Jungheim ES, Ratts VS, Odem RR, Lanzendorf S, Moley KH. Polycystic ovary syndrome and maternal obesity affect oocyte size in in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles. Fertility and Sterility. 2011;95(6):2146-2149.
- Kim ST, Marquard K, Stephens S, Louden E, Allsworth J, Moley KH. Adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in the mouse preimplantation embryo and uterus. Human Reproduction. 2011;26:82-95.
- Stephens SM, Moley KH. Follicular origins of modern reproductive endocrinology. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E1235-E1236.
- Scifres C, Houser M, Nicholas S, Czarnecki D, Masoudi S, Norman S. Inherited thrombophilia and preeclampsia: Kahn et al. AJOG. 2009;200(2): 212-213.
- Stephens SM, Bales ES, Orlicky DJ, Polotsky AJ, Monks J, McManaman JL. Ovarian utilization of stored lipid during induced folliculogenesis in the Plin2-null mouse. Oct 2013. Poster Session, American Society for Reproductive Medicine conference, 2013.
- Stephens SM, Bales ES, Orlicky DJ, Polotsky AJ, Monks J, McManaman JL. Changes in ovarian lipid stores during ovarian stimulation in the Plin2-null mouse. Apr 2013. Poster Session, Rocky Mountain Reproductive Sciences Symposium.
- Stephens SM, Pau KF, Yalcinkaya TM, May MC, Berga SL, Appt SE, Polotsky AJ. Luteinizing hormone pulsatility in vervet monkeys (Chlorocebus Aethiops): modeling the impact of body mass on pituitary function. Oct 2012. Poster Session, American Society for Reproductive Medicine conference, 2012.
- Stephens SM, Schon SB, Schoeller EL, Frolova AI, Moley KH. The Quantitative Expression of
- Glucose Transporters in Human Sperm. Oct 2011. Oral Presentation, American Society for Reproductive Medicine conference, 2011.
- Stephens SM, Kim ST, Louden E, Marquard K, Moley KH. Adiponectin and adiponectin receptors in the mouse pre-implantation embryo, oviduct and uterus. Reproductive Sciences 17(3): 26A, 2010. Oral presentation, Society for Gynecologic Investigation conference, 2010.
- Jungheim ES, Marquard KL, Stephens SM, Townsend RR, Nelson DM, Moley KH. Proteomic analysis of complement levels in follicular fluid and sera reveal a signature profile associated with pregnancy outcomes after IVF. Reproductive Sciences 19(3): 252A, 2010. Presented as a poster by ES Jungheim at the Society for Gynecologic Investigation conference, 2010.
- Stephens S, Ogutha J, Macones G. Predictors of periodontal disease in pregnant women. AJOG 201(6): S56, Dec 2009. Poster presentation, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine conference, 2010.
- Ogutha J, Stephens S, Parry S, Strauss, III J, Jeffcoat M, Macones G. Ethnic variations in cervicovaginal MMP8 and IL-6 levels in preterm birth. AJOG 201(6): S187, Dec 2009. Presented as a poster by J. Ogutha at the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine conference, 2010.
- Stephens, S. Infertility and Ultrasound; University of Colorado, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, June 2013.
- Stephens, S. Management of Severe Male Factor Infertility; University of Colorado, Endocrine Grand Rounds, April 2013.
- Stephens, S. Infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technology; St. Joseph’s Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynecology Resident Teaching, March 2013.
- Stephens, S. In Vitro Fertilization: What the Urologist Needs to Know; University of Colorado, Urology Grand Rounds, August 2012.
- Stephens, S. Non-Classical CAH; University of Colorado, Endocrine Grand Rounds, May 2012.