Natural Fertility Treatments
What you can do for health and wellness when trying to get pregnant
Half of all fertility patients, male and female alike, are overweight, which makes it more difficult to achieve pregnancy.
Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet that includes vitamins and nutrients is a big factor in getting pregnant and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Additionally, the types of foods you eat can make a difference in maintaining a healthy weight.
Read Dr. Polotsky’s blog: Is There Such a Thing as a Fertility Diet?
Acupuncture prior to and following an embryo transfer to improve uterine blood flow has shown to be effective in increasing fertility and pregnancy rates.
Stress & Infertility
Infertility can be a taxing condition affected by stress caused by treatments, or infertility itself.
Although yoga as an effective treatment for infertility has not been well studied, yoga has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety, common hindrances to fertility.
Read Dr. Dovey’s blog: Can Yoga Help Me Get Pregnant?
How To Get Pregnant
If you are having difficulty getting pregnant, before you see an infertility specialist you want to make sure you are maximizing your chances of pregnancy.
More from Our Doctor’s Blog
- Doctor, Do I Have to Do IVF?
- How to Minimize Environmental Toxins’ Affect on Fertility
- Can Yoga Help Me Get Pregnant?
- Two Biggest Misconceptions About Fertility: Age and Weight
- Cholesterol and Fertility: Balancing Hormones and Health
- How Bicycling Affects Male Fertility
- Exercise: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- A Weighty Issue
- What Does Low Body Weight Have to do With Irregular Periods?
- Is There a ‘Fertility Diet?’